Circuit Mind is a Deep Tech SaaS organisation on a mission to inspire the next generation of hardware inventions. We have built Artificial Intelligence that automates the design of electronics circuit boards by creating high quality, electronic systems, lightning fast. We are tackling hard problems that no one has ever solved before, pushing beyond what is currently thought to be possible.
Electronic circuit boards are at the core of current and future inventions - mobile phones, augmented reality, autonomous vehicles and spacecrafts. Yet today designing an electronic circuit board is an extremely manual, long and tedious process. At Circuit Mind we believe that this is wrong and we are on a mission to fix it, triggering the future of hardware design.
Several small and large engineering companies are waiting for Circuit Mind’s technology. We have the backing of world-class VC investors and we are building a tight-knit interdisciplinary team with outstanding technical abilities in electronic engineering, software engineering and algorithm design.
We are looking for humble perpetual learners who are driven and able to think critically to play a major role in shaping Circuit Mind from the beginning.
Position: Lead Software Engineer
As a Lead Software Engineer at Circuit Mind, you’ll take full ownership in developing our software and algorithms from the ground up, while collaborating on a technically challenging product in a supportive, inclusive, cross-functional team of experts.
- Design, build and maintain Circuit Mind’s core software. This includes a complex business logic, a large database of electronic components and several mathematical algorithms.
- Participate in a culture of code reviews, automated testing and continuous integration.
- Learn, use, and improve best practices and processes for high-quality software development.
- Help shape our technology stack, assuring a modern and positive development experience.
We'd also love you to inform, iterate and suggest improvements to the business and technology strategy, and to actively contribute to hiring the rest of the Circuit Mind software engineering team.
- Extensive professional experience solving deep rooted problems using Python.
- Professional experience with automated testing and maintaining large codebases in Python.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment.
Nice to haves
- Experience in algorithm design (high-performance computing, algorithms on graphs, mathematical modelling and optimization, geometric algorithms, data science and machine learning).
- An interest in electronic engineering.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, physics, mathematics or equivalent professional experience.
- A good overlap with our backend stack, which includes Python 3.9, PostgreSQL, Django, mypy, GraphQL, Docker, Heroku, Redis.
- Collaboration with friendly world-class team.
- Above market rate salary and meaningful equity.
- 25 days of annual holidays plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours (core hours 11am-4pm), with two days a week in the office.
- 5 weeks per year to work wherever you want in the world.
- London Bridge office.
- Extended parental leave.
- Learning and development budget to support your professional development.
45 mins Zoom with Head of Talent
2 hour Zoom Technical Assessment including your Q&A
2 hour culture interview (Zoom or in person, you choose)
(Offer, 2 Reference checks)
At Circuit Mind we value diversity and foster an inclusive environment. If you have an additional necessity or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know so we can adjust the interview process to your needs. We also ensure that Circuit Mind’s straight-forward and efficient hiring process honours your time.
*** If you know someone who would be a great fit for this role, we pay £500 cash for all successfully Referred applicants. T&Cs apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details ***